Connect your agency with the nation’s best jail experts and trainers affordably without the added travel, lodging and overtime expenses.
- Jail Management Development : The NSA has partnered with NIJO and Columbia Southern University to provide jail administrators and supervisors with interactive and engaging online jail training. The curriculum is based on case law, with videos and real-life scenarios, and is unlike any online training ever created for corrections. JMD curriculum includes critically operational and highly litigious topics such as:
- Liability Management (In-Custody Deaths, PLRA, Health Care Liability, Writing Policy and Procedure, etc.)
- Correctional Law (Inmate Discipline, Use of Force, Inmate Communication, Searches, etc.)
- Personnel Management (Ethics, Social Intelligence, Leadership, etc.)
- Planning and Preparation (Fire and Life Safety, Contingency Planning, Litigation Defense Preparation, etc.)
- Jail Operations (Classification, Disturbances, STGs, Suicide Prevention, PREA, etc.)
JMD COURSE CURRICULUM. Complete list of courses available online.
ENROLL NOW! Enrollment/Registration for JMD Courses.
- Jail Operations Management (CJC 2050): The Jail Operations Management course is designed to provide the jail officer with critical management techniques for the successful operation of a jail or prison.
- Jail Officer's Correspondence Training: Jail training correspondence offered through the National Sheriffs' Association.
- First and Second Line Supervisor Training (CJC 2051): The First and Second Line Supervisor Training course is designed to provide supervisory training and management principles for jail officers who wish to advance to a supervisory position. The training focuses on supervisor responsibilities, policies and procedures and legal rights of inmates and employees in a jail setting.
- Free Homeland Security Training Jail Evacuation (CJC 2052): Jail Evacuation is designed to address the needs of Sheriffs and Jail Commanders who may encounter a situation in which their jail must be evacuated. The course provides background information on terrorism and Weapons of Mass Destruction. Exercises and discussions are designed to support and guide participants through the learning processes required to develop a Jail Evacuation Plan.