Connect your agency with the nation’s best jail experts and trainers affordably without the added travel, lodging and overtime expenses. Using state of the art software, NIJO has developed legal-based jail training curriculum to assist sheriffs and jail administrators.
Detention and Corrections Online Training Academy: DACOTA provides jail administrators and supervisors the most interactive and engaging online jail training available. The curriculum is based on current case law, with videos and real-life scenarios, and is unlike any online training ever created for corrections. The curriculum is approved by the National Sheriffs' Association toward CJE and CJS level certification. It includes critical operational and highly litigious topics broken down into 5 key areas of focus. Examples include:
- Liability Management (In-Custody Deaths, PLRA, Health Care Liability, Writing Policy and Procedure, etc.)
- Correctional Law (Inmate Discipline, Use of Force, Inmate Communication, Searches, etc.)
- Personnel Management (Ethics, Social Intelligence, Leadership, etc.)
- Planning and Preparation (Fire and Life Safety, Contingency Planning, Litigation Defense Preparation, etc.)
- Jail Operations (Classification, Disturbances, STGs, Suicide Prevention, PREA, etc.)
To learn more about DACOTA online training click here.
Other Online Training Resources
Enroll or register for these NSA sponsored courses that may be approved for NSA Certification for CJO designation.
- Jail Operations Management (CJC 2050): The Jail Operations Management course is designed to provide the jail officer with critical management techniques for the successful operation of a jail or prison.
- First and Second Line Supervisor Training (CJC 2051): The First and Second Line Supervisor Training course is designed to provide supervisory training and management principles for jail officers who wish to advance to a supervisory position. The training focuses on supervisor responsibilities, policies and procedures and legal rights of inmates and employees in a jail setting.
- Homeland Security Training Jail Evacuation (CJC 2052): Jail Evacuation is designed to address the needs of Sheriffs and Jail Commanders who may encounter a situation in which their jail must be evacuated. The course provides background information on terrorism and Weapons of Mass Destruction. Exercises and discussions are designed to support and guide participants through the learning processes required to develop a Jail Evacuation Plan. Cost is $50.